Home : Woodshop :
Here you can comment on the following topic by using the form below it.
- Safety glasses and ear protection required (provided)
- When creating dust, a mask is required (provided)
- Shoes or boots required (no open toes, sandals, etc.)
- No gloves and no loose hair, clothing, jewelry, etc.
- All material should be at least 12" long
- Only clean (no dirt, paint, nails, etc.) wood is allowed on all machines
- Cutting plastic is not allowed on the jointer or planer (carbide blades only)
- Cutting metal, or any conductive material, is not allowed
- All used wood must be checked with the metal detector before cutting
- All other materials require approval
- Make sure mobile base locks are in the proper position (off/up, on/down)
- Collect any needed accessories - push sticks, extension cord, etc.
- Attach the dust collector, check for and clear clogged hoses and full collector bags
- Make sure there is adequate in-feed and out feed space for the material
- Set up support stands for material that will not be adequately supported by the machine
- The surrounding floor should be free of dust to prevent excess risk of slipping
- Check the material to be cut to insure that it is free of all nails, staples, etc.
- Never operate a machine without its guard in place
- Keep blade exposure or cutting depth to a minimum
- Keep the material in solid contact with the table (and fence)
- DO NOT attempt to clear the blade of loose pieces while the machine is running.
- Cutting material with your hand less than 3" from the blade/cutterhead requires push sticks
- Joint the edge of warped material before ripping it on the tablesaw
- Saw warped material with the concave edge/face facing away from the fence/table
- Move the blade/guard to its safe, no cut, position
- Clean the machine and put away any accessories
- Sweep or vacuum the floor surrounding the work area
- Coil and hang the extension cord
- Move/leave the dust collector behind the tablesaw
- If you moved the machine, put it back where you found it